Saturday, June 2, 2007

May 31, 2007

Dr. Brodsky came by to see me at the IPOP center today. I was so happy to see him! He wanted to let me know that we were on schedule for the drug (to be administered Friday) to reboot my immune system. He makes me feel so good about all I'm going through, because he is truely compassionate and incredibly brilliant. I can't imagine how many lucky people he's helped, whose lives are now changed forever (Marilyn took his picture with me to continue her documentation of this experience). Also, at the IPOP, more blood was drawn and more infusions were dripped into my central line. Plus, two new prescriptions were added today to continue the broad spectrum coverage needed without an immune system. I have been prescribed nine drugs so far. Since I am so confident in Dr. Brodsky, I didn't even read the small print for the drug (just when and how much to take). My central line still feels uncomfortable, but the nurse said it looks OK. I think it looks gross to see the tube through the window in the clear plastic adhesive.

No comments: