Tuesday, June 12, 2007

June 12, 2007

I am scheduled to have my central line removed on Wednesday, June 13th. I've been in this protocol for three weeks but it feels more like 3 years.

Wednesday at 8 am I'm supposed to report to the IPOP for pre-op tests. Then at 10 am, I am scheduled for the central line to be removed. At 12 noon, I'm scheduled to see Dr. Kerr and hopefully Dr. Hammond too. Well need to go over future plans for follow-up as well as medication adjustments. Marilyn and I are scheduled to fly back together Wednesday evening. When I return home, Doctor"s orders are for at least one month for recuperation (lots of rest) in order to get stronger.

I was given permission to have my first outing away from the hotel and hospital tonight. So Marilyn and I went to Phillips on the inner harbor outdoors. It felt surreal, almost like a dream, to be acting like a "normal" person in the real world.

I feel like I've been away forever.

No comments: