Sunday, June 24, 2007

June 17, 2007

I'm feeling a little stronger today. After getting up at 8 am, I felt good enough to do more organizing of my kitchen and family room. It is so nice to feel that my home is back under control again. The boys went up to the cottage in Maine to get it opened for the season. Jessica stayed home to keep me company, since I didn't feel ready for a weekend away (my first weekend after finishing my protocol). In the afternoon (after a long break reading a magazine), I felt good enough to do yoga stretches and some of the exercises that the hospital Physical Therapist taught me. I used 5 lb weights to work on my biceps and triceps, plus I did balance exercises that focused on strengthening the calf and thigh muscles. More good news: my stomach and intestines are back to normal. I enjoyed pizza for lunch with Jess. I did have to make a call to the IPOP today because I developed a rash last night after my first dose of Bactrim. The doctor (available whose name I don't remember) said it sounded like a reaction to the drug and not to take today's dose, but to use Benedryl if it got too itchy. He also said to check in with Dr. Brodsky to see what he'd like me to switch to. So, I left him a message. It is about 90 degrees outside, so I'm blasting the air conditioning and taking it easy for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

marlene said...

Thank you for updating your experience at Johns Hopkins. It is very helpful to those of us waiting. Any information that you can share is very helpful.

Marlene