Thursday, June 7, 2007

June 7, 2008 - Thursday

Finally started the day with 98.6f/37c temp - aiming for staying under 38c for 24+ hours (knock on wood) so that I can be discharged back to the Tremont Plaza.

While taking a long walk with the charge nurse at a very fast pace for me I saw Dr. Brodsky. I was so happy to see him and he, as usual, provided very encouraging feedback on my progress.

While having lunch with Joanne, I practically fell asleep in my turkey sandwich. I was wondering if it was the walk, the medication or if possibily a fever returning. But when they took vitals again, Nicole reassured me that my body was going through so much dramatic change as a result of the HiCy and that I was just exhausted. It was time to take a nap.

At 5pm, I was woken up from a very nice nap with the news of a room-change. I was told that a patient on the floor needed a "clean" room(room with double door protection) - which on this floor, the only room was mine - so I had to move 5 doors down to a different room. Sounds easy enough, except when you are exhausted and not feeling like packing for a move. The nurses were quite helpful in getting all my things together and moving my entire room (including my furniture) into the new room. Let me tell you about this new room - I wish I had a room that had two windows the way this one had! Even though this room is twice as big as the other room and the bathroom is big and it's bright with the two windows - it doesn't hold a CANDLE to the the super-comfortable bed and suite at the Tremont Plaza.

1 comment:

creatingnormalcy said...

Joanie! I am so happy for you that your temp finally subsided. It is about time, however, all part of the process. Tomorrow you will definitely be returning to 2003, your second home for now. Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday to continue the third leg of this process.