Tuesday, June 12, 2007

June 11, 2007

My white blood cell count, platelets, h/h are in the normal range! Dr. Brodsky came by the IPOP to see me to say that I was all set to plan for a discharge from the protocol. Through a waterfall of tears, I thanked him for everything he's done for me. I could barely get the words out (I was so emotional) but I wanted him to know how grateful I was to have had him put me through the protocol. Through the tears, I tried to say that I couldn't possibly thank him enough for giving me new hope for a different future than I was heading towards before this treatment.

Right after he left the IPOP, Kathy (the woman who went through the protocall three years ago) called to check in. Again, she was so inspiring and reassuring. It was so encouraging to hear how much our cases/symptoms were similar before the protocol and how wonderfully she's doing now. Kathy said to check in with her after I get into the recuperating phase at home.

No comments: