Friday, May 25, 2007

May 24, 2007

10:45 am - I am so tired, I think this is a good time to catch up on sleep, while no one needs to check on me. I've got to sleep while I can.

11:15 am - cancel that idea. I can't sleep because I'm starting to feel nauseous. My stomach and head hurt. My nurse just gave me 3 different meds to help. Dr. Brodsky came by and said that this was expected and reminded me that 36 hours after my first dose these symptoms would be gone. He had a big smile on his face and said "Hang in there, we'll get you through this." Six more hours until round 2 of the HiCy is scheduled to start. That should be interesting. Until then, I'll keep the ice packs on my stomach and head (they seem to help with the nausea).

4 pm - After eating saltines and ginger ale for hours, I walked some laps of the area with my nurse and then she hooked me up with dose number 2 of the HiCy. I'm laying here trying to be distracted while watching TV feeling queasy.

7:40 pm - round two of the four daily chemo sessions is done. I actually ate dinner during the infusion. The yummy chocolate chip cookies made me feel better. Now I'm so tired but feeling good about having made it through half of the chemo.

No comments: